Mainland China |
Hong Kong |
My name is Erik Peterson (Kong Yurui in Chinese) and I am a member
of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (also known as the
Mormons). I served as a missionary with the Chinese people of the
Houston, Texas area during the early 90's, a time which greatly
impacted my life in many ways (including learning the language which
helped me find my vocation).
The teachings of Jesus Christ through his latter-day prophets have
been a great comfort in my life. I know where I came from, why I am
here, and where I want to go after this life. I provide the following
links to those who might be more interested in learning more.
Chinese LDS Resources
A new translation of the Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants and Pearl of Great Price was recently released. Links below are currently to the older versions.
Some Chinese LDS Sites:
People's Republic of China
Hong Kong SAR, China
- Bridging Cultures: Asian American Mormons. Book on the experience of Asian Americans in the LDS church.
- Latter-day APAs: Article about Asian-Pacific American experiences in the LDS church.
- Asia Cyber Ward: A news and announcement list for current and former members of any Asia-based English-speaking unit of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- A Mormon in Chinatown: an article a Chinese-speaking LDS missionary in Brooklyn.
- BYU Chinese Ward
- Hacienda Heights 5th (Chinese) Ward Hacienda Heights California Stake
- Flushing 2nd Branch, Queens New York West District
- Gardland Third Chinese Branch in Dallas, Texas.
- Plano 1st Ward, Plano Texas Stake
- Salt Lake University 39th (Chinese) Ward, Salt Lake University 1st Stake
- Canal Street (Chinese) Branch, New York New York Stake
- Dyker Heights 4th (Chinese) Branch, Brooklyn New York Stake
- Maplewood 3rd (Chinese) Branch, Houston Texas South Stake
- Montgomery Chinese Branch, Washington DC Stake, (auxiliary website and blog)
- Twin Lakes (Chinese) Branch, Centreville Virginia Stake
- Mountain View (Chinese) Ward, Arcadia California Stake
- Oakland 7th (Chinese) Branch, Oakland California Stake
- Penasquitos 5th (Chinese) Branch, Penasquitos California Stake
- Peninsula (Chinese) Branch, Palos Verdes California Stake
- San Francisco Chinese Branch, San Francisco California West Stake
- Seven Springs (Chinese) Branch, Saratoga California Stake
- Yale (Mandarin) Branch, Irvine California Stake
- Dublin 2nd (Mandarin) Branch, Pleasanton California Stake
- Seattle YSA 2nd Ward has a small Chinese group.
Selections from the Book of Mormon in Chinese (Big5)
The Book of Mormon is a record of Christ's teachings to people
in the New World. With the Bible, it provides a strong testimony
that Christ lives and loves us.
Note: Although I have proofread the above chapters several times,
some typos may still exist. Also, some characters that are used in
the printed Chinese edition of the Book of Mormon are not available in
the Big5 character set. In these cases, equivalent characters that
are available were used. Please report any errors (or questions!) to
me at lds AT chinesetools.com (replace AT with @).
- 3 Nephi
Ch. 11 An account of the visit of the resurrected Christ to the
Ch. 32: A prophet talks on the process of developing and nurturing
- Moroni Ch. 10
: Advice for those who want to know if the Book of Mormon is true.
General LDS Links
- The official site for
the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints provides authoritative
information about church doctrines and policies.
- Mormon.org: An official site for anyone
interested in learning more about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- The Book of Mormon:
Another Testament of Jesus Christ. The history and testimony of a group
of Israelites on the American continent, including the resurrected Christ's
visit to them.
- The LDS
Standard Works. Four books, including the Bible and the Book of Mormon,
considered to be the word of God by
the members of the LDS church.
- Information on Mormon temples
- Pittsburgh Pennsylvania Stake
- About.com's LDS Page:
- LDS Today: Has a listing of
recent news articles concerning the church.
- A directory of the missions of
the LDS church is maintained as a resource to those who have
have served missions but also provides a number of contacts of people
knowledgable about LDS church doctrine all around the world.
- The Texas Houston
Mission, where I served as a Chinese-speaking missionary.
- The Yahoo Listing of LDS links provides many other sources (of varying reliability) of info about the LDS church.
- Little Lit: Bible and Book of Mormon Quiet Books and Quiet Book Kits (which happens to be run by my exciting and vivacious wife).
And of course, I'm more than happy to answer questions and direct
you to local resources. E-mail me at erik AT chinesetools.com (replace AT with @).
If you want to contact me concerning my MandarinTools website, please
visit the MandarinTools.com contact page.
people have visited this site since April, 1998.
Return to my homepage.